[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Leonids from Arizona and question

In a message dated 11/24/99 10:38:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
meteors@eclipsedot net writes:

<< 400 is pretty slow film for meteor work, I would think. >>

    Boy, I must really be getting old.  I recall how many astrophotographers
were rejoicing back in the 1960's with the arrival of "High Speed" Extachrome
(ASA/ISO 400).  In dark skies, you can still do good meteor work with 400
speed film even today.  And look at James Young of Table Mountain
Observatory.  His famous photos of the Great Leonid Storm of 1966 were taken
with Plus-X film (ASA/ISO 125).

-- joe rao