[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Geminid peak

The International Meteor Organization has predicted a Geminid peak near
1100 UT on December 14 but also notes that the actual peak has been
erratic the last few years, usually occurring a few hours later than
expected. A peak near 1500-1600 is also possible. The RASC prediction is
the latest I have seen. Regardless, the best Geminid rates will occur on
the night of December 13/14 regardless of location. The nights before
and after this date should have respectable activity so if you are
clouded out on the main night there will still be plenty to see.

Clear Skies!

Bob Lunsford