[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fwd: DMS at Full Force during the Leonids [France]

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 21:27:52 +0100
From: Delphinus <delphinus@planetdot nl>
Subject: DMS at Full Force during the Leonids

Hello to all
Here a live report from France

The DMS Expedition cars that left Saturday, have arrived at there
observing sites safely, regardless of the floods that has devastated the
south of France
We have two-observation site in that area but are totally
self-supporting, whit our power generators and mobile observation Van's

The DMS have at this moment 6 fully mobile observation Cars on the sites

Two in south France,two in middle Spain and two in south Portugal

As I make this email from a GSM connected Laptop PC ,the preparation for
the observing night of 16-17 are made
>From our six sites we will deploy 130! Canon SLR camera's, 3 middle
format (6x6) camera's whit 30mm fish eye, 6 intensified video camera
systems and a radio observation system
If the wheather gods are whit us, we will have a great opportunity to
record the Leonids 1999 outburst whit great success
We our hoping for good wheather for all of you

You can folly our expedition at our home pages

The Delphinus Team
http://wwwdot delpsurf.cistrondot nl/

mirrorsite 1
http://home.planetdot nl/~jonge101/