From: "Frank and Carolyn Baratta" <starhiker@worldnet.attdot net>
To: "Mark Davis" <MeteorObs@charlestondot net>,
        "Meteor Observing List" <meteorobs@jovian.com>
Cc: "Vince Talley" <vtalley@naxs.com>, <gmr@wmisdot net>
Subject: Re: Meteor Summary: Nov 18; S. Carolina
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 10:46:27 -0500

Hi Mark!

Yeah, same here.  Arrived at Cahas about 11 p.m., with quite a few folks
already there.  By midnight the lot was full with members and nonmembers.
However, the long-hoped for event did not materialize through 4 a.m. when I
headed home.  As I will report in the RVAS December newsletter, the Leonids
neither stormed nor even showered--it was more like the Leonid "drizzle".
Oh, well; the perils of meteor observing, eh?  There was talk among those
attending that Europe (Spain) had seen about 2,000 per hour.  I'm sure we'll
all be checking the reports today.  Anyway, I hope someone got a grand
display somewhere.

Gotta go.

Frank