[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fwd: Massive Fireball in PA in 1963-1967 timeframe

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 11:06:10 -0500
From: Scott Bierly <sbierly@csi.stel.com>
To: meteorobs@jovian.com
Subject: Massive Fireball in PA in 1963-1967 timeframe

Is anyone aware of such an object?  I witnessed this as a kid in PA, not
sure exactly when (we  moved away in summer 1967).  At or after sunset,
in my front yard, I recollect (bear in mind over 30 years ago, and a
kid):

1)  Hearing a sound, like an approaching freight train, FIRST.
2)  An effect like sunrise at the horizon, followed by:
3)  Huge ball of fire, trailing fire (orange/yellow) flies almost
directly overhead, with tremendous roaring noise, turning night into
day.
4)  Disappears at opposite horizon.

This definitely actually happened, I just can't be sure of every detail
of my description after all these years.  I believe my parents had said
that they heard television reports of this, and that the object was seen
across several states.

Surely there are records of this--the Leonids reminded me of this event,
and I am wanting to read more about what I saw.  Please copy my email
with any responses, since I don't currently read this list.

Thanks,
- --Scott
- --
Scott Bierly - sbierly@csi.stel.com