[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) BRIGHT NOVA SIGHTED IN AQUILA!

Joe and all others,

Last night my son and I were out looking for satellites and star hopping with
a low power spotting scope between 6:00 - 7:30 (EST).  Aquila is one of my
son's favourites so he pays close attention.  Alex pointed out 2 'stars' that
he wasn't familiar with....I think now that one of them was the supernova.
We did check our astronomy software for one of his sightings near 12 Aquilae
and have even sent off an inquiry to a SHALLOW member about it.  But like a
good mother I told him that the 'star' north of Delta Aquilae must be one he
wasn't familiar with....we didn't check the astronomy software for it.  I'm
sure Alex will be delighted when he gets home from school and I tell him
about this.  What 16 year old wouldn't be thrilled to tell his mother, "see,
I_told_you a star shouldn't be there".   :)

Josie
Petersburg, VA