[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Some meteor pictures from Al Azraz, Jordan ...

... are now at http://www.astro.uni-bonndot de/~dfischer/leo99/meteore.html -
none of the original slides (50 mm f/1.4) show more than a dozen trails.
OTOH I've now learned of several pictures taken at the same site with 24
mm/2.8 on similar film (400...800 ISO) that show between 40 and 70 trails:
May I conclude that for a meteor storm with such a brightness distribution
a 24 mm lens could get you the highest number of meteors per 10 minutes
exposure? And is this a general rule? What *is* the best focal length...?

Daniel Fischer