[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: What next, Leonids?

Having read the article about future leonid showers, I am curious about how
the predictions can be made that the earthy will pass through a specific
trail left by a meteor which passed that way during a specific year in the
past. Is it "just" a matter of calculating known and predicted trajectories?
It may be simple math for the astronomical genus who has done it, but as a
writer who loves the stars, I salute in great respect. Thanks.

Johnie