[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) AMO activity

Lew asked:
>Mark Davis, what other data have you gotten on the AMOs these two days?

Considering the number of observers out, and the reported Teff, there wasn't
a great amount of action reported from the AMOs on those dates. There were
at least an equal number of negative reports (none observed) as there were
positive. (However, the majority of observers did not monitor them at all.)

This is what I found from the reports:

November 16/17:
Lew Gramer 0456-0555 1 AMO
Lew Gramer 0556-0655 6 AMO
Lew Gramer 0656-0755 1 AMO
Wayne Hally 0712-0812 1 AMO
Lew Gramer 0856-0955 5 AMO
Lew Gramer 0956-1050 1 AMO

November 17/18:
Robert Lunsford 0200-0300 1 AMO
Pierre Martin 0300-0413 3 AMO
Lew Gramer 0556-0655 1 AMO
Lew Gramer 0656-0755 6 AMO
George Gliba 0700-0800 4 AMO
Wayne Hally 0720-0820 1 AMO
Lew Gramer 0756-0855 4 AMO
George Gliba 0800-0900 1 AMO
Wayne Hally 0825-0955 1 AMO
Lew Gramer 0856-0955 1 AMO
George Gliba 0900-1000 4 AMO
Lew Gramer 0956-1050 4 AMO

Concerning the possible AMO activity observed by Rui Qi (reported by Jin
Zhu) on November 12/13, I observed similar activity from Canis Major on the
9/10 and 10/11. Of the two dates, more activity was noted on the 9/10.
Unfortunately, I was not able to get back out to continue monitoring it
until the 15/16, which by then, no more activity was noted. When I observed
these meteors, I was also facing south in an effort to catch Taurid
activity, but did not consider those as AMO candidates due to how far they
were from the radiant, and their slower velocity.

During the two dates originally asked about above, I observed for a total
of about 11 hours, and saw no AMO activity.

Mark Davis

Follow-Ups: References: