[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Leonid emails less plentiful than Leonid meteors!

The results are in! The 'meteorobs' list was hit with "only" 500 emails during
and following the Leonid peak time. This was a surprisingly small number, but
nearly ALL of these were actual observing reports or calls for observing: So
this year's 500 emails probably contained MORE information for the meteor
community than last year's 2000 emails during the same period.

We did have problems this year: for a very critical period of time, no one who
wasn't on the MAIN 'meteorobs' list was allowed to post. Digest readers, IMO
members who are not subscribers, and other key people had their observing posts
"bounced" by our server, requiring frantic co-Santa Wayne Hally to repost each
of these emails by hand - and inevitably, some were overlooked.

Still, all in all, our service this year was a resounding success, with many
timely reports (from all techniques!) flooding into the list as the "Lion
Roared" over much of the globe... Thanks all for a great Leonid season!

Now to prepare for the Geminid peak in LESS THAN TWO WEEKS... ;>

Clear skies all,
Lew Gramer <owner-meteorobs@jovian.com>