[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Hi to all of you

Hello again!

I'm quite new to this list (I subscribed two ago), and I thought, because of
the mail from Lew Gramer, I thought I will tell you all a little bit of
myself.
As you may have noticed, my name is Philipp Schmid. I'm 17 years old and I'm
interested in space and astronomy since many years. I live in Vienna,
Austria (for those you don't know where this is: it's in Europe! If you
search it on the map you will find out, that it is right between Germany and
Italy. Not very big, but not too small). Now I want to take it more seriosly
(watching the sky) than before and I hope I'll get some ideas from your
mails. Because I'm quite new, I have got the question if someone of you
could give me some ideas for starting exploring the sky. I have got some
books, a starmap. The problem is, that when I go outside and try to find
some objects, I find them on the map (no problem) but I hardly find them on
the sky. Eventually I find them, but I'm not sure then if it is the right
object, I was looking for. I hope someone can help me. I mean, someone gave
me some book titles (and I'm glad for this) but is there homepage too, where
I can find the information? Bokks are so expensive in Austria.
Thanks, and clera skys to everybody.
Philipp
my email: schmidphilipp@hotmail.com