[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) would like to introduce myself

Subject:        	(meteorobs) would like to introduce myself

Hello Trisha!!

> I am going to take Phillips lead and follow suit by introducing myself.  My
> name is Trisha Blasko and I am a beginner meteor watcher and star gazer.  I

Welcome to the list, glad to see you made it.  Now are you ready for
the Geminids : )

> Ontario, Canada and got interested in meteors through Kim Hay whom I know
> from the Kingston RASC Society.  Cathy Hall, a fellow Ottawan, has also

Yes, we are accomplises : )

> posting on this list with great interest and hope one day to be able to
> converse and observe with the same knowledge and skill that I have
> witnessed here.

It takes time, heck I am still learning. I get excited when I see one
meteor, let alone two or three in a row : )

Sara (my daughter) while driving the other night, got to see two
meteors, while I had only got to see one. There seemed to be quite
alot of sporadic activity that evening (Tuesday night). On the
Wednesday night I was treated to a med fast meteor at the zenith,
with a very long train up to 5 secs. I was of course not driving but in
the back seat, since Sara was driving, and Gary was in the front. It
gave me a chance to observe the stars for a bit.

Nice to see your here Trish.

Kim

Moonlight Cascade Observatory/BBS
44.28.28.9N 76.29.45.9W