[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) [Fwd: FLASH: Security Camera Catches Possible Fireball in Alabama]

My ISP has been having problems  so this is submitted again.  Sorry for any duplication.

-------- Original Message --------
From: "E. L. Jones" <jonee@epixdot net>
Subject: FLASH: Security Camera Catches Possible Fireball in Alabama
To: Meteorite List <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>,meteorobs@jovian.com

Hello List,
1400 EST
CNN Headline news is showing a video segment from a security camera located in
Alabama, in the Southeastern USA. The segment is focused on the store window
when a bright , fast moving light passes nearby.  The National Weather Service
states there was no lightening in the area at the time and initial explanations
indicate a meteor. The "fireball" itself is not seen but the shadows cast by it
are vivid.

The exact location, orientation of the camera, point of contact, and time of the
incident were either not given or not noted so far.

Your help has been asked (via CNN) for reporting any collaborating /
supplemental information anyone might have.

On a personal note, I surmise that by taking measurements from the known sized
objects in the frame and some trig , it might be possible to get a good arc
measurement from that video, thereby getting at least the fan of the trajectory
it not  a specific line.

Regards,
Elton Jones