Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 13:42:24 -0800 (PST)
From: Asaf Shtull-Trauring <nidned@yahoo.com>
Subject: Yellow Fireball over Kochav-Yair
To: Meteorobs <meteorobs@jovian.com>
Cc: ASTRO <astro@lists.mindspring.com>, Astronomer <astronomer@onelist.com>

I have just seen an hour or so ago a beautiful
fireball 2 times as bright as jupiter passing the sky
from Orion's constellation. I was teaching my younger
brother the constellations (we learnt Orion, Canis
Major/Minor, and Auriga- he picked up the
constellation very well).

I suddonly saw the fireball, and it was in the middle
of it's flight, I was amazed but quickly moved my
brother's head toward the firball. It was about 4
seconds long fireball.

If it's 2 times as bright as jupiter, can it be called
a fireball?

=====
Asaf Shtull-Trauring, Amateur Astronomer
http://www.maxnm.com/asaf/

The Astronomer Mailing List:
http://www.maxnm.com/asaf/astro/