[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Meteor observing food

When I used to participate in group watches the traditional
meteor-watching food was "Jaffa Cakes" (sponge with orange jelly covered
in chocolate).  They're also popular with hedgehogs as I learnt to my
cost during the 1983 Perseids.  I tend to eat a pecan or chocolate-chip
biscuits (that's cookies for our American readers).  Also I have a
bottle of filtered water to hand.  The humidity is normally low up Mauna
Kea.  I'm not one for hot drinks, but to answer a recent thread, my
understanding was a hot drink made the capillaries dilate and so makes
you feel colder.  Hot milk at bedtime is good if you want a night's
sleep, but undesirable if you want to be alert for meteor watching.

Malcolm