[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Meteor observing food

To help keep me active on a long night of observing, ... I usually
eat several  chocolate glazed donuts at once, and if handy, some Jolt
Cola (2x the caffeine). The cola tends to keep me more awake, but
real coffee is nice on those cold nights, during December! I try and
eat all this quickly, so that I don't get any sticky food in my
observing gear. When the actual observing begins, I also find it
distracting to have food around. All that sugar will keep me wide
awake, but in the morning (unless I have to go to work), I'll be a
goner till 12:00 PM (as some people already know!). At my Casselman
observing site, the farmer feeds the cows with donuts, since it
apparently helps the production. So, I must be careful when bringing
donuts there, or else I'll find myself surrounded with cows!

Pierre