[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Is the Gemidis worth it?

Willie Carr wrote:

> Hello to all--
>
> I am a newcomer to the list (which i love), and i was wondering about
> the upcoming meteor shower.  I am a senior in high school, and i was
> wondering if the Geminds is worth getting up at midnight, staying up
> till dawn, and then go to school the next day, i have been reluctant to
> do so in the past, especially during cold weather.  But i really want to
> see a meteor shower.  I know i will have a good viewing spot, because i
> live on a farm away from all city lights.  But can i expect good
> observations from this shower, or should i wait until a better one comes
> along?
>
> Kevin

I would have to say that the gemminids are well worth the effort to watch
even on a school night the source for this stream (asteroid-commet) passed
in 1997 so the numbers might be up and also the gemminids are slowwer that
many of the other major showers and in my opinion this enhances the beuty of
the show.
Mark
Warning
Could not process part with given Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="combellack.vcf"