[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Hooked

At 07:49 PM 1999-12-08 -0400, Willie Carr wrote:
>...I know it may not be a big deal to everyone, but
>for me, it confirmed what all of you say: there is nothing like seeing a
>meteor.

Well... they really aren't all that uncommon. Tonight, I was standing
outside waiting for my daughter to come out of Girl Scouts between 8:15 and
8:30 EST. During my 15 minute wait, and only able to see the brightest
stars, and then only a portion of the center of the sky, four meteors made
their appearance: two very slow, two very fast, all fairly faint, all
nearly overhead,  just about the worst place to be watching (but any lower,
and the church lights or evergreens would have been in my face).

You just gotta believe, man.. and keep watching! (I don't know, nor much
care, what the other parents thought of this little girl's "strange" father
standing out in the middle of the church yard, staring at the sky in the
cold for so long.... :o)

SteveH
Shrewsbury MA