[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Hooked

Kevin-
I have children your age and meteor observing is a great experience. You
along with a parent or guardian should probably submit an educational field
trip request to the school. You may be asked to write up a report. My clan
have submitted meteor observing reports in computer class (excel spread
sheets) science; language arts (poetry) math (calculating averages and
radiant) and a variety of other subjects.

You can observe from a scientific view point or just look up and be amazed
that this show is for you!  My children run into the house and tell me if
they see a meteor. Just before peak night of the Leonids 2 of my kids were on
the way to the barn to take care of the horses and saw three fireballs. Their
excitement as they backed the car into the yard and over my flower beds
caused me to forgive the damage to the perennial beds.  They are still
talking about it. Get out and see what you can see. It is a site that will
make you feel part of the universe and if you get a friend or parent out with
you it will later be a great "Kodak moment" for you as my kids say. Keep
looking up and clear skies. Son number will be camping on Plum Island in MA
for the Geminds to get a good view.
Margaret