[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Geminids observing

In a message dated 12/8/99 3:56:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jason.shanley@astrazeneca.com writes:

> <snipped stuff>   Typically, I  have a sight for
>  deep sky viewing that is in a farm field in southeastern Pennsylvania that
>  is far from Philadelphia's light pollution. I am considering viewing from
>  Ocean City, NJ. My reasoning is that I will have greater access to the
>  horizon and sky in the east and southeast, but there will be some light
>  pollution to the north from Atlantic City....Any comments or suggestions?

Hi Jason,

I wouldn't worry about getting to a horizon spot. Typically you want to go to
the darkest place you can find. Once the radiant comes over the horizon, the
show really starts from where ever you are.

Myself, I live along the coast in NY but I head to the woods in Jersey (my
darkest spot) for all my meteor observing.

KevinK