[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: meteorobs-digest V3 #223

Two things:

To the observer considering a trip to the Atlantic Coast for a Geminid
session. If your farm is as dark as you say, and if skies are clear there, I
wouldn't go to the ocean. I've done some observing along coastlines and have
almost always encountered a low-level haze which I presume to be due to the
nearness of a large body of water.  I confess to never observing in cooler
winter months. Maybe the haze isn't there then.

Second thing:

I saw a story on CNN tonight about a large crater found in Australia that
appears to have been made by an object hitting the earth at a 45 degree
angle. Police are investigating and the public is being kept from the sight.
They mentioned the possibility of a meteor impact. Does anyone on the list
know more about this incident?

Follow-Ups: References: