[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) the radiant

I am inviting a friend out for his first meteor shower (Geminids). I suggested plotting the meteor paths to determine the location of the radiant would make an interesting exercise.
What will be the coordinates of the radiant on Monday and Tuesday evening. I understand the radiant does move slightly from night to night. Are the coordinates also a function of the latitude of the observer to any extent that might be measurable?

While it may be true that his plots may not be sufficiently accurate the first try, it would still be nice to have a baseline for comparison. The second question is really more to satisfy my curiosity.

Tom