[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Radiant

This question has been asked many times and experienced observers have
differing opinions. My suggestion would be to look some 30 to 45 degrees
away from the radiant so that the activity you see will be long and
easily recognizable. This will still allow you to have the radiant in
your field of view and allow you to determine shower association.

Personally, I will be looking west of the Geminid radiant late in the
evening, at the radiant in the early morning, and east of the radiant
late in the morning. I am lucky to have a wide field of view and have no
trouble seeing activity 50 to 60 degrees away in any direction except
upwards. I use this method because I feel it allows me to see the most
activity. You should experiment and see what works best for you.

I hope this helps!

Bob Lunsford