[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) hypothetical meteor

Thanks so much for your response Jim.
The criteria you chose (among many possibilities) were excellent. Using this example as a concrete foundation, I would like consider 'photon density' (for lack of a better term). Example A  concentrates all of its photons over a path 10 times shorter than Example B. Will the density of photons cause the eye to perceive Example A as a brighter image?
This second question occurred to me as I reviewed your data. If Example B's path were chosen so as to intersect the Zenith, the computed distance to B should be near or below 100km. This is significantly closer than the A distance and the inverse square law for light sources should kick in and cause example B to be perceived as brighter.

I would be delighted to hear any discussion of these points.

Thanks
Tom