[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Geminid Weather Prospects

For all you Geminid watchers in the Northeast US:

    Just got a quick look at this morning's MRF (Medium Range Forecast)
model, which apparently is coming around to last night's ECMWF solution of
pushing a strengthening high pressure ridge into the northeastern United
States during Monday and Tuesday -- thereby blocking off the weather
associated with the storm system over the central part of the nation.
Although the local (NYC) forecasters are still predicting "increasing clouds"
or even "rain developing" for Monday and Monday night, based on what I've
been looking at since last night, I would rather now think that we have a
fighting chance of fair skies (though this concept could still
change . . . it is encouraging to see other computer forecasts trending
toward a more favorable outcome).  More later!

-- joe rao