[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) [IMO-News] Observing Lunar Geminids

If possible, I had some questions based on your e-mail about Geminids on the
moon. If I point my low-light video camera at the moon, following your
general directions, will it be capable of recording the flashes I have seen
on the QT videos at various websites? Or would I need a special lens or some
sort of modified equipment. Also, would you have any information on what type
of binoculars would be good for general observation of the night sky? I have
a pair through which I believe I can occasionally see one of the moons of
Jupiter, but having not had much success in focusing or otherwise using
borrowed telescopes, I have stayed with binocs as my viewing method. Could
you recommend a telescope, say for $500 or thereabouts, which is easy to
focus and otherwise use, and which would give a good viewing beyond that
which one can see with binoculars? Thanks so much.

Johnie