[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Active Sigma Hydrids

Johnie,
   By now you have probably read Norman's reposting and are aware that
the
Sigma Hydrids can become a "strong"  minor shower at times though
apparently
not on an exact schedule.  I was unaware of this, also, and was really
suprised
when the rates shot up.  I was observing from 1 - 3 A.M. EST (6 - 8 UT)
and the
surge came during the second hour primarily.
    I was back out last night and the HYD's were not nearly as active,
haven't written my report yet but I recall only three, maybe four in
three
hours this morning between 1 and 4 A.M.
    Norman also has had other strong nights with the Sigma Hydrids, as I
found
out when I visited Gary Kronk's meteor page on the HYD's yesterday.
Gary's
site is always a good place to go for background on just about ANY
shower,
major or minor.  It's at:
http://comets.amsmeteors.org/