[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Geminids

Last night 10 December at 10:00 PM PST on the button I decided to try
out my new beach chair in my back yard.  The sky is fairly well light
polluted and the view is limited by two houses a church and two
garages.  I no sooner got settled when I saw my first Geminid. It was
about 2.0 magnitude and originated about 8o from the radiant and
extended perhaps 10o toward the North pole star(don't take those numbers
too seriously).  That whet my appetite, but 50 minutes later I had not
seen another meteor of any kind.  At midnight I went out again.  After
25 minutes of observing I saw another Geminid.  Similar to the first
except it was traveling in the opposite direction.  With that I chose to
go to bed.
My location is;
118o 03' 30" West Longitude
34o 07' 30" North Latitude