From: <Iansplanet@aol.com>
To: <meteorobs@jovian.com>; <dedalus@latrade.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 11, 1999 12:41 PM
Subject: Re: (meteorobs) the radiant

In a message dated 12/10/99 07:38:21 PM, dedalus@latrade.com writes:

<< http://www.imodot net/calendar/cal99.html >>

Being still a beginner, although braving the cold night to see 20 Leonids
per
hour on the 17th, I do not understand how to follow right declination, etc,
directions in order to spot the radiant of the shower. I went to the website
to see the diagram on the Geminids and had another question occur: why are
there three or more lines in the diagram which have date notations, December
10-15, written just above or below a line in it. Any help prior to Monday
night when we will bundle up and go see the 50-60, I hope, Geminids per hour
would be appreciated. Also, one final question--what would be the best time
to view, considering Oklahoma as the locus of the viewer. Thanks.

Johnie

Follow-Ups: References: