[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fireball in Virginia

To all--

    Tonight on the local news(the stationed is in Roakoke, I live in
Halifax), there was a story about a very bright meteor, i am presuming a
fireball, that was seen last night.  It said that people thought that
they were "watching a plane fall out of the sky"  and could be seen
hundreds of miles. They did not show any video of it, so i am guessing
that no one filmed it.  I, personally, did not see it, but i do remember
hearing a distant "boom" while outside around 10:00 local time.  Does
anyone know anything of this?

Kevin