[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Bummed!

Well -- I've just taken a look at the very latest computer models and it
looks rather grim for those in the Tri-State NYC area concerning visibility
of the peak of the Geminids.  The long-advertised storm that models were
suggesting would be down over western Tennessee a day or two ago, is now
forecast to be up in Ohio by late Monday night/Tuesday morning.  Meanwhile --
the high pressure system that was supposed to build into the northeast states
instead will likely stay up in Quebec.  Hence -- cloud cover, chilly
northeast winds and light rain and drizzle for Geminid night -- less than a
month after I got wiped-out for the Leonids.

Well -- there's always the Quadrantids . . .

-- joe rao

P.S.  I still have seven rolls of 1600 Fuji waiting to be exposed to some
meteor action; bought them just before I left last month for the Canaries.