[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Geminids Observations 12-13/12/1999 From Malta

Hi,

This is the first observation of this year's Geminids From Malta after some
days of bad weather. Actually it was still raining till late in the evening
but the skies started to clear out at around midnight , resulting in crispy
clear skies washed by the rains , and very cold wind !

On the way down to the Mnajdra Temples we had already managed to grab a
handful of bright Geminids that reassured us that we would not suffer the
cold without a good show !

Here are the results for the night before the maximum ...  Today's weather
promises another good night for decent observations !

Observation report for 12 - 13 / 12 / 1999
Location : Mnajdra Temples (Limits of Qrendi) Malta Europe (Lat 35.83 N
Long 14.45 E )
Observers :
Martin Galea De Giovanni (GALMR)
Mildred Formosa (FORMI)
Joseph Zammit (ZAMJO)

Please note that the Times are all in UT and of the night 12-13 / 12 / 1999
(Local Time = UT + 1)
  --------------
bservation Of GALMR
Start time 01:45
End Time 03:00
Total Observing time = 75 minutes
Effective Time = 71 minutes (includes dead time and Obscuration)
SLM @ 02:04 (UT) = + 5.7
Totals
Total number of meteors = 32
Sporadic = 8