[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) 1999 Geminids in MA, USA - The End?

Well, despite a nascent sinus infection, intermittent cloud cover, and wind
chill near 0F one night, I managed to get TWO FULL HOURS of Teff so far from
this year's Geminid campaign... ;> Both hours were from my backyard (LM 5.1),
on succeeding nights 11/12 and 12/13 Dec. Oh, that 9am meeting was fun...

Both tapes still need to be transcribed, but GEM rates showed a striking rampup
from one night to the next (both sessions began near 0100 local time). Also in
evidence over the two nights were 3 HYD total, and at least one each of the COM,
MON and XOR. Not much of a report, but better than some years from here in Murky
Pond Bottom USA. Boy, if I'd had more vacation time this year... :(

Clear skies all - I suspect my weather "luck" has run out now!
Lew