[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: meteorobs-digest V3 #229

In a message dated 12/13/1999 11:09:16 AM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-meteorobs-digest@jovian.com writes:

<< Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 06:15:16 -0500 (EST)
 From: nmcleod@peganet.com
 Subject: (meteorobs) Re: NWM1999Dec 12/13 Geminids Florida

 A tongue of clear air came up over SW Florida from Cuba yesterday afternoon,
 and most of the night was clear.  Geminids were increasing in my last hour
 to the expected level.  A bit short of it earlier -- perhaps I was running
 early on the activity curve.  Full hours 1126 - 426 EST  (426 - 926 UT) I
 recorded 28,29,25,X,39 Geminids, all sky LM7.3. >>

Mr. McCleod:

Wow!  Your Limiting Magnitude indicates that stars dimmer than 7.3 were
visible without using averted vision. I assume that you have exceptional
eyesight.  Do you use overcorrected lenses, if you have classes or contacts?
I have heard that lenses overcorrected about 1/2 diopter are very good for
meteor work, producing very sharp images.

Clear skies,
Bob Young
Harrisburg PA