[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: NWM1999Dec 13/14 Geminids Florida

Miraculously the approaching front slowed down and allowed half a night of
Geminids.  I observed 941PM to 128AM  EST (241 - 628 UT) and recorded 172
Geminids in sky LM7.3.  It  all seemed normal except the last hour came up a
bit short of expectations.  Three complete hours 1026 - 126AM EST  (326 -
626 UT) had 32, 55, 63 Geminids.  The last hour rated a 5% loss to clouds
moving in.  Only one Geminid, green, reached mag  -3.  Totals are subject to
correction as I go over the papers again.  Joan saw 126 unclassified meteors
during the same period, out there to enjoy the show with me.

Norman

Norman W. McLeod III
Staff Advisor
American Meteor Society