[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Geminids in Louisiana

Hi, all:

We've had no luck at all with the Geminids this year.  It's been overcast
since Friday.  We got a break in the clouds last night though, right around
midnight -- just long enough to start to take my chair and observing
equipment outside!  After about 45 minutes of observing about a 90 per cent
overcast, I gave it up (but not before seeing three Geminids through the
clouds, which I guess is better than none).  It's beautifully clear right
now, but expected to cloud up again by sunset.  Maybe next year.

Dave Hostetter