[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) UFN

Ok guys (and ladies) here's a strange one.
(This is a follow up on the report from west of Ft Worth last night)
We all see and hear strange things in the dark and the more hours you spend out there the more of these experiences you may have. I am wondering if anyone has ever come across this:
An Unidentified Flying Noise
We were in the middle of the 15 minute uninterrupted observing session. I heard a distinct whirring sound overhead. It wasnt loud and there were no base tones indicating power. The first impression was something like tinnitis- a sound generated internally- the second impression was perhaps it was associated with a meteor-
The sound did not have tonal qualities but rather like a whispering whirring sound- it was oscillating perhaps 3 or 4 times a second. The sound seemed to travel east to west and lasted 4 or 5 seconds. There was no dopplering of the pitch although it did seem to change pitch - just not in the same manner as dopplering. After a pregnant pause of a couple of seconds, I asked Ron if he heard that! He said "Hell yes, what was it? A ufo? (It was a kind of spacey sound but without hokey Hollywood tonal qualities). I told him my best guess was perhaps a bird.

Ok any thought on this?

If my verbal description is lacking you might relate to this (if you are over 50)
The was a song in the early to mid 60's called "My Boomerang Wont Come Back" (a frivolous song -one of several Australian imports from that time period). In the song they playfully imitated a boomerang flying thru the air. The sound I heard was similar to that.

Would LOVE to hear some reassuring experiences

Tom