[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Liverpool, UK

>at around about 1.45am (UT), just after I was bit by a cat!

Shane, you'll have to share this story with us after the Geminid furor dies
down! :) Here in the suburban U.S., cats are just one of our problems during
meteor sessions: wild dogs, coyotes, skunks(!) and other critters can be a
nerve-inducing nuisance, especially when you're observing alone.

Of course, colleagues in the Western US can share stories of mountain lions,
scorpions, and rattlesnakes, I'm sure. And from Canada, we hear about wolves
padding by while meteor observers lie in snowbanks for the night... And now
it seems there are bears roaming the observatories of New Jersey! ;>

Lew

Follow-Ups: References: