[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) south florida report

hi. i do not know anything about measuring brightness and stuff, but i can
say that we were very pleased with what we saw.
we started looking about 1150pm est and quit at 130am.  i was in my back yard
on the phone with my Mom in Hollywood Florida (20 miles south of me) and we
saw many of them. we saw about 75 in total, all seeming to come from that
same area of the sky and going east to west. there were some real nice bright
ones with long tails and bunches of little ones.  we normally go to the
Florida keys to view the meteor showers and can really see them  down there
very nicely.
we were just thrilled that the shower turned out so nice. much better than
last month's disappointments.
we will be looking again tonight!
this stuff is great, isn't it.dot it is so nice reading everyone else's stories.
I know I am not the only one who enjoys viewing mother natures fireworks!
happy viewing everyone!