[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Trains and Magnitudes

       The Geminids relative lack of trains brought back a recurring
question that has come up occasionally while observing -- what is the
limiting magnitude for trains?  It *seems* I recall a posting in which
it was stated that +2 was the lower limit, but my observations haven't
born that out, so my memory must be off...either that or my magnitude
"calibration."  I'm certain I've seen a good many +3's over the past few
months with nice trains -- and of course, that's how they were
recorded.  I thought I'd post this to the list rather than ask someone
privately since I'm sure some other new observers out there have
probably been wondering the same thing!
Kim Youmans