[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: What next?

> People would be surprised to know that LM's better than 5.0 are still
> possible during a full moon. I have bettered that figure several times
> during times with a bright moon, last time being during the 1997
> Leonids.

Yes, it is. I had LM 6.0 this summer, if I observed in the time of
full moon. But in a summer the moon is very low above the horizont
from my country. In the winter it is possible too (5.5), but you must
observe from very clear locality (the best is top of the mountain)
and the moon must be in the shadow of any big thing (e.g. house) and
in the opposite azimut on the sky than where you look (the moon must
be behind one's back.

                                    Michal