[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Question.......

Maybe,the leonid is younger. But the properties of the parent comet is also
important. Some are dirty snowball and some are rock-like. Some substance
in the obit may be lost on the way while some not, easy to diffuse. So
diferent deffusion occured for individual cometdot it is a little complex.

At 10:10 ÉÏÎç 99-12-16 -0500, you wrote:
>     I just started wondering all of the sudden, Why do the Leonids
>congregate in dense individual trails from particular passes by the sun,
>while other showers seem to have only one, more diffuse trail. Do other
>comets tend to produce exceptionally strong storms when we pass through
>their trails a particular distance behind the parent? Just wondering why
>the Leonids seem so unique, is it because it's a "young" comet?
>
>John N
>

>To UNSUBSCRIBE from the 'meteorobs' email list, use the Web form at:
>http://www.tiacdot net/users/lewkaren/meteorobs/subscribe.html

---

Best regards

Yuwei  Fan