[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Geminids 13./14. dec, from MBK, Slovenia

Geminids galore! My god, what a night!!!The iffy forecast turned out
into a 100% clear sky with an unbeleivable LM of +7.3!!!
I started at 19:10 UT, ended at 4:50 UT. In 8.86 hrs teff I saw an
unprecedented 1117 meteors of which 837 were Geminids. The number
of faint meteors that become visible at such  LM is awesome.
Geminids arrived in bunches, up to 6 simultaneous meteors. The best
hour came between 2:15 and 3:15 UT with a 139 Geminids. The second
best hour gave 129 Geminids! The best minute came at 21:58 UT - 10
Geminids in one minute! Also a number of fireballs. Ended up a little short
of Bob's -9 mag Geminid, but I saw 10 fireballs - one -7 mag, one -5 mag,
one -4 mag and seven -3 mag!!!
I haven't had time to do any serious magnitude distribution or whatever.
After all, 1117 is a lot of meteors...
Hoping for clear skies for Quadrantids!

Jure A.