[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Views of Meteors

Dave and All,

Here are some further details concerning the Geminid fireball:

The estimated trajectory was at 225 degrees or southwest out of the
radiant. It first appeared in northern Orion and passed between the
"body" and the "shield " of the mighty hunter and disappeared in
Eridanis. The estimated length was 30 degrees. There is a good chance I
caught it on film as I had the camera pointed at Orion. No promises
though as Murphy often plays a part in such things. I still have 9
exposures on this roll which I will use during the Quadrantids. I will
then get the roll developed.

As for our location in Joshua Tree National Park, were located at the
south end of the park at Cottonwood Springs campsite. Any detailed map
will show this location or I will be happy to provide a scanned portion
of the map.

Clear Skies!

Bob