[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Unusual Geminids

I am still trying to figure out an unusual Geminid I saw. Did any other
observers notice any very unusaul Geminid meteors?
 The two strange meteors I have seen in about seven years of observing major
showers have both been Geminids.
The description of this years unusual meteor is
It appeared as a  roughly second magnitude short greenish coloured train
with no visible meteor at the head, a sort of "ghost" meteor. It travelled
from the sickle of Leo to the east stars of Leo, about 20 degrees, and was a
Geminid. It was on the slow side but no slower than some other ordinary
Geminids.
It would be very intersting to hear about any other unusual meteors other
observers have seen.
Nick
Nick Martin, Bonnyton House, By Ayr, Ayrshire KA6 7EW ,Scotland, UK.
 Latitude 55 24'56" Longtitude 4 26' 00".