[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) An unusual Geminid a similar observation( was Geminids 13/14 December 1999)

At 12:21 PM 12/18/99 +0100, you wrote:

>> I saw an unusual Geminid this morning. It appeared as a  roughly second
>> magnitude short greenish coloured train with no visible meteor at the head,
>> a sort of "ghost" meteor. It travelled from the sickle of Leo to the east
>I saw a very unusual meteor on 13/14 December. It too was greenish, very
>elongated and diffuse with no clear head (no condensation at all). I read
something
>about 'worm meteors' somewhere and I wonder if this one could fit into this
>category? It was a sporadic.
>
>Clear skies!
>
>Jure  A.
Jure,
Thanks for the report. That sounds exactly similar the meteor, I saw. This
is encouraging as I was begining to wonder if I was seeing things. Did you
record what direction did your meteor come from?
I had never heard of worm meteors before, can anyone else comment?
Nick
Nick Martin, Bonnyton House, By Ayr, Ayrshire KA6 7EW ,Scotland, UK.
 Latitude 55 24'56" Longtitude 4 26' 00".