[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Weather predicting

TO: joe rao
>>some forecasters are not too dillegent in checking ALL aspects of
the state of the atmosphere.  As an example, for tonight the very reliable
NGM (Nested Grid Model)...<<

Joe,
You don't by any chance have an essay of yours like "A Quick and Easy
Non-scientist's Guide to Weather Forcasting" would you?

Outside of checking every weather site, doppler view, visiable & radar, geos
and cloud cover, I don't know what else to do, particularly in regard to
evaluating the data, other than just looking where the weather is now and
watching it as it progresses over time.

Any chance you could explain (simply) for us non-scientists a basic way one
would go about evaluating the relative humidity as you did on your above
referenced post?  (And what sites to get this info from)

Also do you know of a site that gives you the altitude of the cloud cover. If
we knew the clouds were low enough we would know which area to head for, as
we have a number of different mountain ranges here in S. Cal.

Thank you,
Cindee