[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) An unusual Geminid a similar observation( was Geminids 13/14December 1999)

> >Jure  A.
> Jure,
> Thanks for the report. That sounds exactly similar the meteor, I saw. This
> is encouraging as I was begining to wonder if I was seeing things. Did you
> record what direction did your meteor come from?
> I had never heard of worm meteors before, can anyone else comment?
> Nick
> Nick Martin, Bonnyton House, By Ayr, Ayrshire KA6 7EW ,Scotland, UK.
>  Latitude 55 24'56" Longtitude 4 26' 00".

It flew from the general area of the Geminid radiant (although it was not
a Geminid), medium speed, it crossed Perseus going west.
I think there was a video of a worm meteor somewhere on IMO site, and
something about three such meteors ever being recorded. But it was
a while ago.

Clear skies!

Jure A.