[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) An unusual Geminid and worm meterors

At 01:17 AM 12/20/99 +0100, you wrote:

>> >Jure  A.
>> Jure,
>> Thanks for the report. That sounds exactly similar the meteor, I saw. This
>>
>It flew from the general area of the Geminid radiant (although it was not
>a Geminid), medium speed, it crossed Perseus going west.
>I think there was a video of a worm meteor somewhere on IMO site, and
>something about three such meteors ever being recorded. But it was
>a while ago.
>
>Clear skies!
>
>Jure A.
Mine also came from the general area of the radiant whixh is why I called it
a Geminid. I am afraid that I did not follow its path back with enough
precision to tell if it was a sporadic coming from near the radiant.
Pierre thank you for your reports too, your objects too sound similar to,
but much brighter, than the one I saw.
Obviously there must be a class of objects not yet characterised. Aggregates
of dust and a volatile material such as ice?
Nick
Nick Martin, Bonnyton House, By Ayr, Ayrshire KA6 7EW ,Scotland, UK.
 Latitude 55 24'56" Longtitude 4 26' 00".