[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Holiday Thanks to....

               I have been planning a note of thanks to post for several
days now, and with Lew's words of praise, I am thus spurred to action!
               Many folks have been quite generous with their time, and
exceedingly patient with me over the course of the last ten months!  I
understand their interest is in meteorics, not me, but they realized
that by being good to me, I might be good to their hobby, and/or
profession.  I hope I have at least in some small way fulfilled my end
of that tacit agreement.
             First off, if Rainer Arlt had not been willing to use my
VERY terse Leonid observations last year for the preliminary profile, I
wouldn't be keying this in right now.  Thanks, Rainer, for unwittingly
planting a seed that is  now beginning to mature.
            The next person to have to endure my seemingly endless
questions was Mark Davis.  It was he who actually began my training,
and it was he who put up with some pretty "weak" reports for many, many
weeks.
            Now, like many others, I naturally gravitated to those I
felt seemed to be the best, so I began pestering Bob Lunsford pretty
regularly on the Saturaday chat sessions.  Wayne Halley was a huge help
when Bob wasn't around, with occasional advice from Norman McCloud III,
who also from time time pointed out ways I could improve my reports over
the mail list -- thanks, Norman, that's the MAIN reason I was posting!
           George Gliba, Jim Richardson, Cathy Hall, and Mark
(especially Mark)  have all made my head swell at some time or another
this year, be it in "Nebula," NamnNotes, the AMS Website, or in Meteor
Trails!
        I have far less mental ambiguity about the Leonid meteor stream
because Joe Rao and Rob McNaught found the time to answer my silly
questions on the list!
        Lew Gramer pumped up my enthusiasm on several occasions!  And,
of course, we ALL need to thank him for his time and expense with this
list.  Thanks, MAmeteors!
        There were many others who simply showered me with accolades --
premier among them Paul Jones, who may or may not join me at my site for
the peak of the Quads this year...where are you now, Paul?

Thank you all, Happy Holidays!
Kim Youmans